How to become a good photographer-Kamata music school
How to become a good photographer
Kamata music school is a well-recognized institution that has produced good photographers. In addition, photography is a versatile skill, and there are several techniques we can use to improve our craft and be good photographers. Whether you’re looking for experience with studio lighting, Photoshop, or pricing your work, it’s essential to take the time to learn.
Here are the steps on how to become a good photographer
look at the light
If you have good light, you can use any camera. If you have bad lighting, you can use the best camera and not get good photos. Therefore, The direction of the light is the most important thing to consider when using natural light. It can drastically change the look and feel of an image.
Things to ask yourself before taking photos when taking photographs
- What time of day is it?
- How is the light?
- Is it sunny or cloudy?
- What direction is the light coming from?
- Where are the artificial light sources?
Learn your camera setting
Every picture is made using a combination of several camera settings. Each setting affects the final result differently. This includes;
- shutter speed
- Shooting modes
- Autofocus mode
- metering mode
- white balance mode
As a beginner, it is not necessary to be knowledgeable about every setting, but you should understand how they impact your photos and which settings serve as suitable starting points.
Learn to compose your shot when taking photographs
- First, start by finding a subject or scene you want to capture. This can be anything from a beautiful landscape to a portrait of a loved one.
- Once you have your subject, start thinking about the composition. What elements do you want to include in the scene, and how can you arrange them?
- The rule of thirds is a great place to start. This rule suggests that you divide the scene into thirds, both horizontally and vertically, along one of the lines or intersections.
How to use colour when taking photographs
- Then, start with a colour you like and find colours that complement the background.
- Also, try to see how the light changes colours. Light can be cool, it can be warm, and it can even be green. Learn to identify these colour casts and determine how they affect the scene.
Learn to edit your image.
Adobe Photoshop is the industry–leading software for photo editing. And we will teach you how to use it like a pro. Start with the basics.
- learning how to open and edit photos,
- make simple adjustments, and save your work.
- From there, move on to more advanced techniques, such as;
- masking and compositing,
- working with layers and using filters and effects.
Follow us on
Kindly follow us on: